Monday, October 20, 2008

It's been a while

I've long considered becoming a writer a worthwhile pursuit, this spawning from the fact that I've experienced things in my lifetime that have been worth some reflection, by myself if not by others around me. This consideration has been wrapped in the feeling that I made a truly incorrect choice of professions as a young man and now am challenged daily as I make my way toward the shower in an effort to continue to augmentation of my bank account.

I had focused this frustration into several outlets, many of which were fleeting and frankly could not bridge the satisfaction gap that spread itself wide inside of me, parting passion and interest with an unfillable void that yawned in mockery of the boredom I was living.

Lately I've had a lot going for me, with almost every aspect of my life moving in a positive direction. I've found a job that lets me attend to myself outside of work, which has allowed me to keep at bay much of the stress I'd been under in my last position which had me waking wrapped in a metaphoircal cling wrap and tense in the chest. I've met a girl that has made my heart come back to life. I've moved forward becoming more independent and streamlined in who I am as a person.

I'm feeling better than I've felt in years, probably since I was in my teens, and somehow the cathartic exercise of writing my frustrations down I'd used in the past has returned as a reaction to my newfound positive attitude. I want to write again. And I'll put it here. Hopefully if you happen upon this little 'gal I like to call a journal you'll enjoy what I offer up. Some of it will be light, some of it will be dark, and some if it will have you reach for your Arsenio finger and make you go 'hmmm'.



Enjoy.

No comments: